Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Doubling up underground cable.

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-01-01 23:24:05 +0000, Frank Erskine

What "was" this incident? I've seen plenty of references to it, but I
must've missed the original, since a certain person is kf'd and I only
see responses to his postings ...

A cause celebre..

Oh Matt is prattling tanked up...he goes on...

Well.... the short version is that he claims that he was doing some
plumbing repair for a neighbour, friend,...

Matt, yes.

involving the use of some plastic push-fit plumbing fittings. All of
the manufacturers of these things specify that a proper pipe cutter
(slicing type, with or without ratchet) should be used.

Matt, they do not. Hepworth posted on here and said you do not have to.
Matt, goes on....inanely.....

Our friend didn't have one of these and used a hacksaw instead.

Matt. but trimmed off to a perfect unburred squared end, as an am the
ultimate craftsman - as Hepworth said you can do Matt - remember.... He
can't at his age. Matt continues to ramble away full of new year cheer.....

The net result was that a substantial ****ing of water ensued followed by
an attempt to blame the manufacturer.

Matt, wrong again. The olive was pushed out by the pipe - you know this
Matt. Sirry irriot - Matt. Common occurence on plastic pushfits, one of the
reasons professionals don't use them...but Matt does....all the time.
Prefessionals tend to use brass compression on plastic pipes.

His house must be like the house that Jack (sorry Matt) built.