Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Doubling up underground cable.

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:53:18 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2007-01-01 23:24:05 +0000, Frank Erskine
said:

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:33:52 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Of course, we don't need to remind everyone of the "little incident"
with the plastic pipe and the hacksaw, do we? That seems to be your one
and only excursion from the armchair.

What "was" this incident? I've seen plenty of references to it, but I
must've missed the original, since a certain person is kf'd and I only
see responses to his postings ...

A cause celebre..

Well.... the short version is that he claims that he was doing some
plumbing repair for a neighbour, friend,...
involving the use of some plastic push-fit plumbing fittings. All
of the manufacturers of these things specify that a proper pipe cutter
(slicing type, with or without ratchet) should be used.

Our friend didn't have one of these and used a hacksaw instead. The
net result was that a substantial ****ing of water ensued followed by
an attempt to blame the manufacturer.

The manufacturer of the hacksaw?

Wonderful, innit - especially as a pipe slicer probably costs less
than a hacksaw.

I'm sure that in the last ten years or so I've used a pipe slicer (or
a pipe cutter) more than I've used a hacksaw (at least for "domestic"
jobs).

Is DD's neighbour still a friend? Or his his "friend" still a
neighbour?

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland