Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default GARAGE DOOR OPENERS

BrianInNY wrote:
OK, it's probably a silly question, but this is my first house with a
garage-door opener. One of the two remotes is missing. I'm concerned
about someone I don't know using the missing remote to access my
garage without my knowledge. Is there any way to "deprogram" the
existing remotes or perhaps just purchase two new ones and
"re-program" the system to accept them?? Thanks in advance.

Heh!

We had a local TV crew troll residential neighborhoods with a generic
opener. They were able to open about 1 in 20 garage doors from the street.

Fortunately, there are no recorded instances of thieves being as smart as TV
reporters.