Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Garage Door Retrofit For Safety?

wrote:
I recently bought a new home with garage door openers. They function
properly, and they have an "automatic reverse" if they bump something.
I'd like to retrofit them with an "Electric Eye" so they if something
or someone passes inderneath them. I'd also like to adjust the
reverse function so that they will reverse on a softer bump than they
currently do.

Is this possible?

You will need the instructions for that specific opener. They may be
available at the web site for the door's manufacturer. If not post back
here with the make and model information and maybe someone will have the
information.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit