Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kv888831393ster@gmail.com is offline

Default Rehashing a kitchen sink issue

Well I just had this problem with my kitchen drain. We're on the 2nd
floor and first I auger down about 15' but I felt like I pushed the
plug down. So I went out and bought a new 50' er, an expensive one that
had good flex (the cheap ones bend ) and a nylon core. I also moded it
to use with an electric drill. Had to go down 30-35' and found two
plugs. Now the drain runs fine. When the plugs are down so far it takes
a while for the water to back up.
Richard
The one interesting thing is that after I augered and drain-oed, the
drain ran ok, not great, but ok for a few days. I was very careful
about what was rinsed in the sink, and today it barely drains. I plan
on installing the 1 1/2" pipes and the vent later in the week, though.
I'll let you know...