Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default GARAGE DOOR OPENERS

What kind of opener? Surf online to find a manual for it. If it has
dip-switches, then change them. If it has "intellicode", then re-learn the
remote(s) you have to the opener. This will exclude the missing remote.

"BrianInNY" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK, it's probably a silly question, but this is my first house with a
garage-door opener. One of the two remotes is missing. I'm concerned
about someone I don't know using the missing remote to access my garage
without my knowledge. Is there any way to "deprogram" the existing
remotes or perhaps just purchase two new ones and "re-program" the
system to accept them?? Thanks in advance.