Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Land Jim Land is offline

Default Need advice DIY digital camera repair

"DemoDisk" wrote in news:12phie5flnepr69
@corp.supernews.com:

I'd like some help/advice on opening the case of a FujiFilm FinePix
3800. Online research reveals a characteristic problem with this
camera -- loose screws rattling around inside short it out.

On my camera, the screws holding on the front bezel came loose. I

didn't
recognize this problem until the bezel nearly fell off ! The camera
*still works* but

1) I need to put 'em back! and
2) the gap allowed dust inside which I'd like to remove

These bezel screws attach from the inside. The case screws come off
okay, but I also need to remove the Mode thumbwheel.

Anybody know the correct way to do that?

Oh, this is your lucky day! Here's a great web page with instructions
and pictures:

http://www.digsys.com.au/s3800/s3800.html