robgraham

Default is this some sort of damp ?

"rocyn" wrote in message
http://groups.msn.com/Rocyn/shoebox....oto&PhotoID=10

Is this blistering some sort of damp ?

It is appearing on an internal wall - what is it and what can I do to sort
it out.

It looks like damp. How far up the wall is it? Does the wall have a
damp-proof course? It looks as though the damp is rising and bringing salts
with it which remain when the water evaporates (rather like the way a
stalagtite forms) and cause the plaster to come off. I imagine that you
could scrape it off with a scraper and that you'd be left with bricks with a
slightly crumbly surface. If my reasoning is correct you'd need to get a DPC
in somehow. This could be injected by either yourself or a professional
firm.

Rob Graham