Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer GE not heating

The only thing I can figure, is the power wires from the swich to
the elements, or maybe the three position heat switch.

The elements read about 15 ohms, and about 30 ohms reading both
elements.

I got 120 volts to ground at all three element connectors (those
round push-ons). But near to zero from one end of the elements to
the other.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dpb" wrote in message
ups.com...

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Got a call from a couple friends, their clothes dryer is no

heat.
GE electric dryer, 240 volts.

In 40+ yrs w/ GE dryers, I have _never_ found the symptom of

"runs, but
no heat" to be anything other than the elements. Doesn't mean

there
isn't a case, but I'd look again.

Don't know where the voltages were measured, but it is possible

there's
a break in one of the leads to the elements themselves if there

is one
side of the two elements hot but not the other.