Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default timed porch light?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Look for a "spring wound wall switch timer". You insert it into your existing
wall box where the present on-off switch is and just crank the switch to
however many minutes you want the light to operate. I use these in my
bathrooms for the exhaust fans but there's no reason they wouldn't work for
your needs. About $26 each at the Borg:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...l.0& MID=9876

Oops... I just tried the link myself and it gave me some other page. You can
just go to thier homepage and do a search for "timers". They sell the product
called the "Spring Wound Wall Switch Timer" but i don't know any other way to
link to it directly. You'll just have to do what I did.

Installation is super easy... just two wires like any other electrical switch.
Fits in a single electrical box.

There are electronic timers as well... just a few more bucks. I don't know how
well they hold up but my spring type bathroom timers have been in service for
about three years without any problems.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com