Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default replace microwave oven light?

Ed Chait wrote:
My mom has a Whirlpool GMC275PD built-in microwave oven. This is one
of double built-ins with a microwave on top and a conventional oven
on the bottom.

The light on the microwave recently burned out and she asked me to
try to replace it. After looking at it, it seems as if the only way
to replace the bulb is to remove the unit completely from the wall.

Could this be the case with this model? I find it hard to believe
that someone would design something like that, but in doing some
Internet research on the issue, it seems as if several manufacturers
designt them like that. Simply replacing the bulb requires an
expensive service call.
I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Ed Chait

Hopefully someone saved the manual. It likely will have the
instructions to replace the lamp. Maybe not.

BTW That is a nice looking appliance. I just don't like those combined
units since when one side has problems or is outmoded by new technology,
replacing it becomes a real problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit