Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Matt is offline

Default Rack Bolts - need long key

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:43:02 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Andy
Burns writes

Though RS won't sell to individuals

Yes they will - at their depots

If that is now the case then it must be a recent change. In the past
RS have flatly refused to supply at their trade counters against a
written order on a printed letterhead from a long standing account
holding company if the delivery point code wasn't stated

For account (credit) sales this is obviously a very sensible policy,
for cash/credit card sales it's a complete pain in the arse if you
have to ring into the office or drive back to base if no one is around
to get a sodding code that means f*ck all when you are picking the
goods up there and then. This policy of requiring a delivery point
code effectively implies account holders only at trade counters, so no
printing off your own fake/semi-fake trade order and expecting to get
served.

On the phone or online direct to Corby they've been dealing with both
trade and private customers via the same customer interface since the
demise of electromail - I'd guess probably 15 years or so. I can't
recall the last time I phoned an order through to RS as they seem to
be manned by completely charmless bints at the best of time, efficient
charmless bints but charmless bints all the same. I much prefer to
phone Farnells where you nearly always get some friendly chat as well
as highly efficient service.

and are rarely the cheapest ...

Can't argue with that

Ditto, although some of their product lines are an absolute steal -
sometimes retailing at prices much lower than bulk trade.