Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Refrigerator Issue.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
From your description, I'm thinking a defective defrost
termination thermostat. An appliance guy can replace that. The
other "maybe" is a bad condensor fan. But the termination
thermostat is most likely.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

The problem is that I have a freezer that freezes everything,

and then
defrosts. It gets cold enough to do the job, but then it

warms up and
everything thaws. It does this several times a day. Even when

it's not
freezing, though, it still has electricity, because the light

in the
fridge always goes on.

An electrician isn't the person to call. An appliance repair

guy is. They
will stick a temperature probe in the freezer, connected to

some kind of
paper chart recorder/printer that shows the temperature inside

over a period
of many hours, sometimes days. It is very important that you

NEVER open the
freezer door during this test.

It sounds like there's something wrong with your temperature

sensor and/or
timer. No electrician will find that.

Or - does the compressor motor not have enough air circulation

to stay cool?
Pull the fridge out from the wall a few inches and see what

that does.

You two do know that this is the 3 fridge has the same problem. It
sounds like the only thing it can be is the electric.

Take a meter and measure the voltage at the outlet,