Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sad news and Good news

"Ron Truitt" wrote in message
Sorry to hear it sir.

We lost our yellow lab about 1 year ago for the same reason.

All the replies are bringing back memories of our lab. I got him after
reading about many of the breeds and liked the fact that they like kids
and are very good natured. I thought this "retriever" breed would
retireve if you wanted it to. Boy was I wrong. After he turned one
year I was working outside one day and he came trotting up with a 2 by 4
by 8 feet long in his mouth. I could tell he was having trouble carring
it but he sure was proud. Then the compulsive retrieving continued for
awhile: neighborhood kid's toys, clothes from a clothesline, sock,
shoes, dead cow femurs, and other stuff. And boy did he have a
curiosity about food and an appetite. One day I came home from work and
didn't see him around(we had several acres and he ran free). But on the
ground there were these curious cardboard pieces and bits of white
plastic. I finally realized that my bottle of 500 large multiple
vitamins had arrived and our lab had torn open the package after UPS
left and eatin them all. I found him around back nursing an upset
stomach!

We still haven't continplated a new dog but I hope we do soon.

Keep those good memories and add more with the new dog. I have a
feeling the new one will turn out good also. The indians use to say
that dogs thought that man was a god because he could bring down wild
game from a distance with weapons. Not sure of that, but for some
reason they like us. I am surprised but glad that they do.

Ron T

Thank you Ron.