Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electric baseboard heating problem

Big Al wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...

,,,
This is what I would have thought, but the puzzle is that I get the 110v

ground, but not 220v across the hot conductors. ...

That indicates both "hot" wires are connected to the same phase
somewhere -- either at the fuse box or at some other junction box,
somebody made a wiring mistake and got both of them on the same side.

It indicates one leg is open. The 120 is passing thru the element.

Depends on where he's measuring, but possible, yes. Thought OP
indicated directly across feeds, but if not...