Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default More nail gun questions

"SBH" wrote in message

From what I gather, there are about 4 or so types of nail guns. I assume
they are Brad nailer, Finish Nailer, Framing nailer and Stapler, or am I
off?

Pin nailer and roofing nailer too. They are more specialized.

If so, what differs with a brad nailer and a finishing nailer? Ok, I know
the nail, therefore, I suppose I should ask what size do brad nails come
in as well as finish nails, etc.

Brans are thinner and have a much smaller head. Used for tacking things
together and they are easily pulled apart. Brads do come in 2", but most
are much shorter.

I have read a few recommendations of a 15, 16 or 18 ga nailers. Does this
mean the gun can only use that guage and nothing more or it can use up to
a 15, 16 or 18 ga?

One or the other. 18 ga is more brad size, so use a 15 or 16 for finish
workl

I know a few of you recommended kits. Therefore , it's obvious to assume
one gun cannot handle all nails. Would a kit with 3 guns, for example,
handle all ranges of nails. Not that I would always use all types of
nails, but it's nice to know I can.

It will cover 98% of you small nail needs.

You'll also find the compressor hand to have for other uses.