Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Who Makes Sponge-Bob Squarepants TV sets for Emerson

Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:58:41 -0800, Has Frothed:

First - thanks to all the witty and knowledgeable folks who have
responded so far! Here is what I know at the present time, with the
back off the set, but not oscilloscoped yet.

On the back outside:
Manufactured Jan 2005, model SB315, suffix C, s/n 50115791SL,
distributed by Emerson Radio, 9 Entin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (My
old stomping grounds when I worked in NJ 40 year ago), "Complies with
FCC Part 15 Rules", "21CFR 1040.10", made in China.

Emerson model Sponge Bob "SB"315.

Contact Emerson.

I sent an e-mail to their folks asking for info on how to get a
schematic. We'll see if they even know what a schemtic is. Power
supply is working according to my voltmeter, I jumped the power relay
contacts, but everything was still dead, there appears to be a
low-voltage regulator, but I haven't looked at any other similar sets
to see what that is likely to be. We'll see what happens on Tuesday,
meanwhile it's time to start gathering information for income taxes.
(Boo-Hiss)

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

COOSN-266-06-25794