Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood A.M. Wood is offline

Default How to kill bugs in cutting board?

wrote:
I pulled some logs off my log pile to turn into lumber to make a
cutting board, but naturally there are bugs in the wood... So, since
this project will be a cutting board and in contact with food, what is
the best way to kill the bugs and not kill me from cross contamination
:-) ?

In the past I've put smaller pieces of wood in a microwave to zap the
little suckers who might be burrowing away inside. The wood I have
prepared for the cutting board won't fit in a microwave...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Don't use that wood. It's just gross to think of cutting food on
something that's had bugs crawling all through it. I'm sure they can
be killed, but....