Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Terry is offline

Default Rack Bolts - need long key

Andy Burns wrote:

Paul Ockenden wrote:

It's the usual star type key.

Do you mean Torx? If so you can get Torx drivers, or if that's still not
long enough try Torx hex bits and use an extension bar

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/se...cape&Nr=avl:uk

Though RS won't sell to individuals and are rarely the cheapest ...

Oh dear! I'm obviously not the only one to have fallen foul of RS and
their difficult to use website!

I was taken to task over this yesterday!

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....f0269947e0eabb

(At least it's nice to know I'm not the only one!)

Is the star shape you're looking for to fit a Chubb bolt? It sounds
like some that I've used in the past.

In which case its a splined brass rod (not Torx) and others have
already posted solutions that sound good to me!

A Happy New Year to all!

Terry