Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default who uses Grade 2/unmarked hardware?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Being a car guy i'm in the habit of always using Grade 5 hardware, since
that's generally the minimum grade used in an automotive application
Now I find in my new location that when I go to the store the stuff in the
general bins is always Grade 2; the Grade 5, if they have it, is in the
little slide out drawers. Is the use of Grade 2 hardware really common?
From my perspective, I never see it used.

Most home applications never see the same stresses than an automobile will
see. Grade 2 is fine for 99% of what you do.

99% of what I do is working on cars The home thing, well, that's
because I have to...

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.