Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Who Makes Sponge-Bob Squarepants TV sets for Emerson

First - thanks to all the witty and knowledgeable folks who have
responded so far! Here is what I know at the present time, with the
back off the set, but not oscilloscoped yet.

On the back outside:
Manufactured Jan 2005, model SB315, suffix C, s/n 50115791SL,
distributed by Emerson Radio, 9 Entin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (My
old stomping grounds when I worked in NJ 40 year ago), "Complies with
FCC Part 15 Rules", "21CFR 1040.10", made in China.

On the inside: The printed board is entirely in English, "Cainebo"
printed in one corner, picture tube label is "CHUNGHAWA", A34AGT13X36,
CPJ370BVBK1S-TC, Made in Malaysia.

The power cord is very unusual to my point of view, it looks almost
like scaled-down Romex house wiring rather than the "lamp cord" type of
power cord I am used to seeing.

Hope to get my scope out and start with the power supply and see what I
can find. If nothing else, I will be contacting Emerson in Parsippany
on Tuesday to see what help (haha) I can get from them on a schematic.

Happy New Year to all Posters and Lurkers!!

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
" wrote:

I just picked up from a neighbors scrap pile a Sponge-Bob Squarepants
13 or 14" color TV set. On the back it says Emerson, model SB315.
Manufactured in Jan 2005, set seems to be dead as a doornail. I wonder
who actually makes the sets. Haven't had the back off of it yet.
Garish yellow plastic cabinet, but that could be spray-painted if I get
the set to work. Any info appreciated before I start to work on it.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Does it have an FCC ID number?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.