Posted to rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default how tight should a TS blade be tightened

I guess you are telling me it is for safety and convenience. I like to see
what I am ripping or crosscutting, and I can't do it on a reg saw unless I
am standing on one leg and balancing the weight of my body with the weight
of the running saw, OR holding the saw with my left hand OR both. I don't
use it a lot. If the reg saw had the blade on the other side, I would have
paid 1/4 the price. I couldn't even see the line any other way. I can find
support if I need it. I don't doubt that with practice I could come close
to the line. Not for me, not for a second. I prefer to rip a 6' fence board
in the air freehand.