Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Tip o' the day

Swingman wrote:

And on the same note, and even though it could be dangerous if you're not
real careful where you step or what you drop, I did buy a footswitch for the
router in the Multi-Router ... sometimes when you need three hands a foot
will do.

A foot switch comes in handy for a lathe - as long as you remember
to turn the master switch off when not in use. When you've got
a tool inside a "hollow form", that foot operatied "third hand" can
make the difference between AH! and AH SH*T!

Probably not good for the motor, but on my JET VS mini, I can "bump"
the switch to dynamicly vary the speed when needed for critical cuts.

charlie b