Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles
Phil Kyle Phil Kyle is offline

Default Cheap and basic kitchen units

Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised in
:

Paul Ockenden formulated on Saturday :
I want to fit some really basic kitchen units in the garage. So I
thought I'd pop down to B&Q and get some - I've used them before and
they are prefect for jobs like this: Plain white, doors handles and
plinth all included in the box, and dirt cheap.

Just one problem - couldn't find them in B&Q, and when I asked I was
told that they no longer sold them. ;-(

Tried Homebase and Wickes but they don't sell them either - they both
have 'take away' kitchens but they aren't as basic (and cheap!) as the
stuff that B&Q used to sell.

Does anyone know if any other chains sell the kind of thing I'm looking
for? I'm guessing that it'll need to be someone local - the weight
probably makes it impractical as a mail order purchase.

Is there a kitchen unit manufacturer near to you, they often have a
factory outlet where you can pick up end of line/ slightly damaged
stuff really cheap and sometimes you can leave an order with them until
something suitable turns up.

We got a complete base, sink, taps and fittings all in for £100 a few
weeks ago - good enough for the utility room we needed it for.

Povvo.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i