Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Deputy Dumbya Dawg Deputy Dumbya Dawg is offline

Default Radiant Heat - Boiler Working Overtime?

"Furry" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Folks,
:
: We have a 1200 sq ft full basement that we're heating
via radiant heat.
: There are 4 runs of Pex. We're very happy with it but
I'm worried that
: there is something wrong with the system. When the
basement calls for
: heat the pump turns on and I can see the temperature
gauge go up to
: around 100-110 degrees. There's no gauge on the
return but feeling the
: Pex it's obvious that the water coming back is pretty
cool. The
: problem: It takes at least an hour, sometimes 2, for
the basement to
: warm up enough that the thermostat stops calling for
heat. 1200 sq ft
: is a lot of concrete to heat up but isn't that a long
time?

Depends? Does it take 2 more hours for the basement to
cool off? Is that a long time?

peace
dawg.

: