Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rack Bolts - need long key

In article ,
Paul Ockenden wrote:
Because of the way that a door frame has been built, I need an extra
long key to work a rack bolt (a good 4 or 5 cm longer than usual).

It's the usual star type key.

I thought that maybe if I could buy a foot length of the star rod
material I could cut it to the right length, and then simply bend a
small handle into it.

Only trouble it, I've got no idea where I might buy the rod. Anyone know?

If the star refers to Torx, these are used on cars and available as
fittings for a socket set so can be used with extensions in the usual way.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.