Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Reading water meter for EBMUD

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:42:22 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

an, you are going to have "male-to-female" connection problems with the
:garden hose going from hose bib to hose bib. The answer is to take one of
:the supply hoses off your washing machine since both ends are
:"female-female". Use that hose at one of the two hose bibs.
:
:Ivan Vegvary
Yes, you are correct. I actually anticipated that since the plumber told
me I'd need a female-femail coupler. He said I could buy it at the
hardware store. The funny thing is I scavenged the female end off a
discarded hose from the very next door neighbor I intend to ask the
favor for the use of some water. I did this around 2 months ago on trash
day. I simply cut off the last 4 inches of a discarded hose. Looking
around today, I saw I had a female hose end, so I attached it with a
hose clamp and had my female-female coupler. Hopefully, it will be
leakproof. I'm optimistic on that.

When I went to Home Depot tonight to get another good 50' hose (I think
I will need two to make for 100'), I went carefully over all their hose
couplers and didn't see a female-female!

Dan

PS Thanks for that tip. If my coupler doesn't work, I do have an extra
set of two washing machine hoses! I wouldn't have thought of that.