Posted to alt.home.repair
vj vj is offline

Default sagging floor in berkeley

thank you!. i appreciate it - the hardest part is having no clue who to
call.

David Nebenzahl wrote:
vj spake thus:

I'm looking for recommendations for a structural engineer to evaluate
sinking floors in my 100-year-old Berkeley (Calif.) flatlands home -
you know, land of foundation-rattling quakes and soil-saturating winter
rains. i've read through all the threads here, and am ready to start
calling but would appreciate hearing about good experiences - or bad
ones, for that matter.

Don't know any, but here's my suggestion: call Matt Cantor, who runs a
home inspection business here. (You can find his ad, as well as his
weekly column, in the /Berkeley Daily Planet/.) He's a good guy and can
point you in the right direction, as well as maybe answering other
questions you might have.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)