Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Leaky Plumbing Under Kitchen Sink

Sloppy Fix Alert:

They make a 2 part putty for PVC pipe. You mix it together and press it
into the leaky joint. Once it hardens, it seals the leak.

I'll admit that I tried it as a "temporary" fix on the seam of a PVC
trap about a year ago - it worked so well I have yet to replace the
trap!

John Smith wrote:
Seeking advice on following situation. I have a plastic u-tube connecting
the downspout of my kitchen sink, to the next pipe in the sequence.

I have replaced the gasket and applied TFE Paste to the male part of the
tubing that screws in to the female connector, tightened it as tight as I
dare, and yet it still leaks.

Any advice?

Much obliged in advance,