Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Discovery of my hardwood floors

"Jhudson" wrote in message
k.net...
My husband and I just finished "uncovering" our beautiful hardwood
floors that lived in secret under ugly carpet for the past 30 years
before we moved into our house. I can't believe people would prefer an
ugly shag to that gorgeous oak.

It was the style for many years. When I bought my first house in 1966, it
had carpeting. After a few months, we replaced with wall to wall also. That
was the way it was done. Later, in the mid 70's, we did a kitchen & dining
room remodel and removed the carpeting from the dining room and refinished
the floor. At the time, we were considered mavericks doing something so
drastic. We sold the house with the rest of it still carpeted.