Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G. Ken G. is offline

Default HOT slowly overheating fix

Ok i finally got back to this thread . I only ESR the caps , i didnt
change any . I did however take the flyback off the newly found set and
put it in the overheating set and the overheating stopped . I left the
set on all night long and in the morning the HOT heat sink was only
slightly warm .

I know these tv sets are cheaply made and all but this whole project was
free accept my time and this is what people buy and want fixed so fix i
will .
The little set has a DVD in it and a 12 volt jack and still looks like
new . Someone will like it .

Thanks for all the pointers and technical info .