Mickey Feldman

Default A new low in cheap tools?

On 12 Feb 2004 00:54:24 -0500, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

I'm posting (with a "Cc: " after (hopefully) un-munging your
return address) so others will also know that some things in real-name
fields can be a problem. I know for sure that parentheses there are
similarly a problem -- with a different error message.

Definitely no parenthesis. I did a project a few years back - an
automated daily running process, the final part of which involved
shipping a few thousand files from an NT box over to a unix box after
local processing. Someone had decided that the naming convention made
sense if it involved parenthesis. Until it was discovered that unix
interpreted the file name as some kind of a function call...

Mickey