Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Spice Mark  Spice is offline

Default Desk refurbishment

"Colin Wilson" wrote in
message t...
If I was to re do it I would use Liberon Finishing Oil which I have used

for
other projects - it's easy to apply and gives a robust finish. It

finishes
to a soft sheen though rather than a full gloss but I personally prefer
that.

Dumb question time from someone who hasn't ever tried something like
this, but do you put the oil direct onto the sanded wood, or do you need
to put something else on first ?

When I use i just apply it straight to the sanded wood, leave ot 10 minutes
and then wipe off with a bit of kitchen roll. Leave it to dry overnight and
then lightly rub down with fine wire wool and repeat. About 3 coats does
nicely generally but more can applied if you wish.

I find it far nicer to use than varnish and you don't have to worry about
brush marks :-)

Cheers

Mark