Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jasper Jasper is offline

Default Space for washing machine between cabinets

Thanks all for the advice.

It seems then that there isn't a 'correct' amount of space to leave, but
I've moved the cabinets over a bit to give about 620mm. (actually, it's a
bit less than that due to some dodgy measuring!) The washing machine doesn't
look so tight now and I'm not so worried about it shaking the kitchen to
pieces.

Thanks again.

Jasp

"Jasper" wrote in message
Is there a 'standard' amount of space that should be left between kitchen
cabinets for a free-standing washing machine?
I'm installing a new kitchen at the moment and have left a 600mm gap. The
washing machine I have at the moment fits snugly but I'm worried that it
might damage the cabinet run when on a fast spin cycle or that when I buy
a new washing machine there may not be enough room.
I'm at a stage where I can increase the gap reasonably easily if I must
rather than regret it later.

Jasp