Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Additional Earth Connection To Electric Shower

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:23:06 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Stuart was thinking very hard :
It set me thinking why this extra
earth was necessary in the first place and also about the earth from the
radiator as well. Should I leave things as they were before ( Using thinner
earth cable betweeen shower and radiator to allow it to get in to the
connector)
or what does anyone suggest ?

The idea is to ensure that all metalwork is at the same electrical
potential. All taps, baths, sinks, radiators, towel rails, metal pipes
and etc. should be bonded to a common earth.

Ok..so it seems you are saying I should return the arrangement to how it was
before with the shower being connected to the radiator then to the Scottish
Power earth point but there is the confusion caused by the part plastic ,part
copper plumbing to the bath/basin /toilet .

Stuart .