Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Goodman GMV95 furnace + install - price quote

writes:

An HVAC contractor is quoting me $3,200 on the Goodman GMV95 furnace
(95% efficiency 90K BTU, two-stage burner, variable speed.) The price
includes:

- furnace and all the hardware/parts, etc,
- labor, installation - that includes running two 3" PVC pipes
(exhaust, combstion air intake) to the outside of the house (BTW, he's
running it through the basement wall and putting the outside vent
several inches above ground outside),
- Honewell TH8000 thermostat,
- haul away the old furnace.

Does $3,200 sound reasonable for this job?
This is in the Denver Metro.

Yeah, seems reasonable provided they're competent.

But, you should be aware of this little chart before you sign up for a
Goodman, which shows them apparently the least reliable brand in CU's
survey for that year. Then again, teh irony of the fine print saying
that differences of less than 5 points aren't statistically meaningful
is sort of funny considering all appear to be within 5 points of 20
one another. :-)

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h...view/index.htm

I paid $3824 after deciding on a Bryant (Carrier with less marketing
overhead, best I can tell) 2-stage 94% AFUE, variable speed
80,0000/52,000 unit installed by a company holding the highest Bryant
certification level in the area. That was the quote I selected among
5 companies that came out. I didn't price Goodman though.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/