Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
dpb dpb is offline

Default Radiant Heat - Boiler Working Overtime?

Furry wrote:
We have a 1200 sq ft full basement that we're heating via radiant heat.

problem: It takes at least an hour, sometimes 2, for the basement to
warm up enough that the thermostat stops calling for heat. 1200 sq ft
is a lot of concrete to heat up but isn't that a long time?

What Matt said...

Would only ask--what was done during the installation for
insulation/isolation from the slab? Was this new construction planned
ahead for radiant heating or a retrofit? If not, and didn't take
special care, not at all surprising to me.