Posted to rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default how tight should a TS blade be tightened

My Mg Skil worm drive saw manual said not to overtighten, in fact you wanted
it to slip in case of overload OR emergency, can't remember which.

So I add a little of this into my arm memory, but I really have no idea.
Hasn't stopped spinning yet, even with my finger in it. Can you say nail
clippers.

Ps a lot of companies have copied the Skil worm saw. Was it orig. Is it
(still) good/the best. Are the others better?

Why the heck are cheap circ saw built for left-handers? Is it because it's
the only motors readily available?