Posted to alt.home.repair
Uncle Vinnie Uncle Vinnie is offline

Default help, pls, with flush valve

Hi....

Got it from:

www.thecozypineapple.com

Part# 84503

http://www.thecozypineapple.com/kohler-84503.html

I ordered 4- the problem is that it is not leaking from the flapper,
apparently the flush valve/gasket just doesn't make a good seal... once you
get in there you'll see what I mean.. it just twists off...

Once everything is cleaned off completely, the new one goes into the opening
much better and is screwed in with these 'ears'...

I simply googled and they had the best price.. unfortunately I beat one of
them up a little - no matter how hard you tighten this thing up, you must be
sure all is clean.. the original install used silicone - which they might
have done knowing the shortcomings of the original design...

All is fine now- finally!

--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
wrote in message
oups.com...

Uncle Vinnie wrote:

Kohler/ Rialto toilet...

After years of leaking, I finally bought repair kits for this toilet...
(Kohler).. to make a long story short, they redesigned the flush valve
(which was where they notoriously leaked) ..

where did you get the replacement kit.
I'm trying to stop a Rialto K3402PB
from leaking. Replaced the flapper with a Korky
but still does't fil. Figure replacing the flush valve is best
approach.

Thanks.
Cliff