Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] sawdust@cliffhanger.com is offline

Default How to kill bugs in cutting board?

I pulled some logs off my log pile to turn into lumber to make a
cutting board, but naturally there are bugs in the wood... So, since
this project will be a cutting board and in contact with food, what is
the best way to kill the bugs and not kill me from cross contamination
:-) ?

In the past I've put smaller pieces of wood in a microwave to zap the
little suckers who might be burrowing away inside. The wood I have
prepared for the cutting board won't fit in a microwave...

Thanks for any suggestions.