Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Air Ionizer Kit

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article .com,
vauxall wrote:
If that is not possible, can anybody recommend me a good (not Maplin!)
diy electronics store in Manchester?

Are there any left? Maplin have moved away from hobby electronics due to
lack of demand. At one time I had about half a dozen others round here in
London within easy distance. All closed years ago.

I wish I understood why. I visit the US quite often, and there are
still loads of such shops out there (in California, at least). Of
particular interest to many hobbyists are the junk/surpless places
that Tottenham Court Road and Edware Road used to be full of,
Proops (gone) and Henrys (still there) being the last ones. There
were a couple in Reading when I was a teenager, which I visited as
often as pocket money allowed, all gone now.

--
Andrew Gabriel