Posted to uk.d-i-y
OBone OBone is offline

Default Which type of conduit to place in wet concrete?

I need to rerun an internal telephone cable in flexible conduit that will
be set into a concrete floor which will be laid soon. Looking at the
screwfix website there are two types.

20 and 25mm. Crush-resistant, self-extinguishing, LSF / Zero Halogen
Polpropylene. Rated IP55. Use with 'Industrial' and 'Metal Clad' ranges. EN
50086 BS 4607.

and

20mm. Crush-resistant, PVC-coated Galvanised Steel Conduit and 10 nickel
plated brass locknuts. Rated IP55. BS 50086.

Do I need to use the PVC coated Galvanised Steel version or can I use the
cheaper version?

Many thanks