Woodborg Woodborg is offline
Member

Location: Halesworth, Suffolk.uk
Wink

Robert
I am very touched by your story and it was very well written.
To a lesser degree i followed the same lines as you. My nan who has been in a care home for a couple of years and being 95 is now getting very fraile. I decided to make a vessel to hold some nice smelling pot pouri, buying the pewter top to finish it off. Having left it till the last minute i actually had to drop it over to my parents where she was over for the day ( i had SWMBO's parents at mine for the day ). I was told she would be at church in the morning so if i timed it right i could slip it under the tree and make out that it was finished with plenty of time. Mid afternoon my parents phoned up to thank us for the presents etc and to pass on that my nan liked her present and where did i buy it from as they very much liked it. When i told them i had made it (only been turning a year) my nan passed back a message how pleased she was to reseive a present that i had made and how good it looked. This made my christmas, therefore;

I resolve to make more christmas presents next year. I used to think that making something against buying something was not as good, mainly as the wood was free out of the firebox.

I resolve to remake the fairy for the top of the tree. I made mine 2 days before xmas in about 1.5 hrs, a very scary looking tree decoration.

I resolve to have made some toys for our first child before its born in may.

This will do for now, have a happy new year and please all keep your advice and wisdom coming for us newbies

Mark