Posted to alt.home.repair
trader-of-some-jacks trader-of-some-jacks is offline

Default How do I stop new toilet seat from slipping?

In article
,
trader-of-some-jacks wrote:

I recently replaced a toilet seat in my house.

But the new one tends to slip a lot - VERY awkward to be sitting on a
slipping and shifting seat, obviously.

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. They seemed pretty obvious
in retrospect, but I'd not thought of them before. I couldn't find
conical washers that would accommodate the bolt and fit into the holes
in the toilet, so I just got some double-stick tape, and that seems to
be working fine.

I actually did some checking and I guess the toilet seat I bought
probably did come with some adhesive pads or conical washers, but I must
have just torn through the box, grabbed the seat and the bolts, and
thrown the other stuff out. Oh well.