Posted to alt.home.repair
komobu komobu is offline

Default Window Insulation Kit

Thanks for the reply Paul,

I thought that the tape and the film would all stay completely
parrallel to the window. I didnt think you could put the tape
perpendicular to the window, thus the film being perpendicular to the
window for about 1/4 inch and then changing directions where it is
parrallel to the glass to cover the window. The reason I was asking, I
have old raise up window sashes with a 2-3 inch ledge at the bottom. I
am planning on using the film from the molding to molding, to get
complete coverage of the window(Forfeiting window use). I wasnt sure
how to deal with the ledge accross the bottom though. Now I guess I can
just put the tape along the ledge. According to your pictures, that
heat gun dows a great job! I cant even make out the film.

Check these out:
http://www.windowinserts.com/order.html

I saw them on the net yesterday. I am considering them, but at 75
dollars a pop, I am not certain that I want to take the gamble. I am
wondering if the compression fit will be tight enough to completely
seal the window when you consider minute imperfections of the window
frame. What do you think of them?

Take Care
Pat