Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair,alt.audio.equipment
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Use of stepped sine wave UPS with SONY Bracia Flat Panel LCD TV

"James Sweet" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Bob Cain" wrote in message

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I've lost track of the hundreds of
times I've reinstalled OS with NTFS after a crash.

The mind boggles. How do you crash the hardware so
often?

Good question. NTFS has specific safeguards against this
sort of thimg happening.

I pull the plug (literally) on booted XP systems all the
time. They reboot fine.

Perhaps the write cache is enabled?

Which one?

IME NTFS is generally robust regardless of write caching.

If it loses power
before flushing the cache, data can be corrupted.

The nature of life is such that one usually pulls the plug on an idle
system.

NTFS is
certainly much more robust than the earlier MS file
systems though, I haven't had much trouble with it myself.

IME there is no serious comparison between NTFS and FAT32. NTFS is *that*
much more robust.