Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default brushless alternator?

default wrote:

Don't get all defensive now. Oil filled caps have been around since
the, well, before I was born and they just don't die - and I've tried.
Got a few in my unreg choke input filter HV supply from the 40's still
going strong.

They are paper or mylar film capacitors in metal, oil filled cans,
and they do fail. I have a military TS-382 audio generator similar to
the original Wein bridge HP 200 CD that is all oil filled or ceramic
capacitors, and every one of the oil filled capacitors is leaky.

"Oil filled capacitors don't fail" is a myth.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida