Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Musing about New Year's food traditions and rcw resolutions.

I remember up North that touching a dollar bill and tasting a pickled
herring at midnight assured we wouldn't be broke or hungry in the new
year. Down South we ate hog jowl, rice and black eyed peas for New
Year's day lunch to assure good luck. Neither tradition is very
appetizing nor as 'lucky' as a good steak with potatoes. I add the
obligatory apology to our vegetarian turners. (not those who turn
turnips) What's on your table for regional New Year's food
traditions?

As for rcw resolutions. I resolve to reread an _entire post four times
before assuming it's in mean spirit or an insult. I will understand
that humor that disrespects another turner is not welcome here. I will
realize that I don't know it all about turning wood and in the scale of
things, I actually don't know much, but whatever I think I know I will
share gladly with anyone. I will really believe that "Manners Maketh
Man"....and congenial turners. I hope to keep my resolutions with some
degree of grace, but I'll sure need your help in the months to come.

Happy New Year from my shop to yours.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter