Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme eclipsme is offline

Default Wax on, Wax off. WTF???

inetquestion wrote:
I used regular car wax and an orbital buffer on my concrete counters
with no problem. I assume you did this after sealing them...right?
worst case you may need to remove the sealer and redo that part then
redo the wax with a different type. you may want to try a buffer that
can actually produce a little heat due to speed to help with some of
the marks you mentioned.
below are some pictures from my project if that will help you out
any...

http://69camarorestoration.com/modul...&g2_itemId=888

-Inet

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. You pored in place - I made molds
and poured upside down. What additives did you use? I went with Cheng's
profomula, as it was easiest. The mix turned out real viscous, I think
because of the water reducer he uses. Anyway, I am glad I did them this
way, as I am not at all sure I would have been able to smooth the top
surface out as you did. Different than any other concrete I had used!

Harvey