Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default dupilcator ?

Hi Terry, I agree with Robert 100%. Re part of your question, the
method for duplicating spindles is usually called "semaphores". Sears
used to sell a set. They are easy to make, but seldom used.
Basically a rod parallel to and behind the spindle with a series of
loose hanging sheet metal or wire arms. The spacing and length can be
adjusted to ride on the spindle and fall thru at different points along
the spindle and depths of cut.

For a few bannisters in a short bent I once deliberately turned each
spindle in a different form. Whimsical maybe, but I didn't fool my
woodturning friends re my duplicating inabilities.

Migosh! 92 oak balusters, home made or store bought will be expensive.
Have you considered a companionway or a ladder? Just kidding.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter